Thank you to all of our volunteers who have signed up to assist us with "the BEST day in the city of Detroit." It's volunteers like you who help make the Komen Detroit Race for the Cure a success year in and year out.
If you were unable to attend Volunteer Orientation on May 7th, here are a few reminders:
- Please read up on the event before you get there: http://www.karmanoscancer.org/KomenDetroit/racedayinfo.aspx Please review the Information Book and maps in particular.
- Safety is EVERYONE'S responsibility. Learn where medical-first aid locations are (see maps). Know where the Information Booth is (near Witherell and Montcalm)-that's where you take a lost child or send a lost parent. If there is an emergency turn to a Detroit Police Officer. Encourage people to check their belongings at UPS Stuff Check. Unattended packages will be picked up and may not be returned.
- Volunteer parking passes will be emailed out May 10th .
- Street closures begin at 7 a.m.
- Check-in at the Volunteer Tent prior to going to your post on Race day
- Where you'll receive the purple Volunteer t-shirt (while supplies last).
- Check-in with your Volunteer Coordinator.
- Stay at your post the duration of your shift.
- Children and your friends cannot join you at your post (unless the friend is signed up as a volunteer).
- If someone asks a question and you do not know the answer, please find someone else in a purple or green shirt who knows the answer.
- We're counting on you to make everyone feel welcome and to help ensure a great experience. Remember, breast cancer survivors wear pink shirts. Congratulate them! Komen Detroit Planning Committee members wear green shirts. They can help you.
- Once finished with your shift, enjoy the Race!
- THANK YOU FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE WITH YOUR TIME, TALENT AND FRIENDLINESS!
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com / 248-304-2080. If you need to access the Volunteer Module, click here.